Camping

This past weekend I went up to Saluda, NC for the annual RUF camping trip. It was such a great way for me to get to know people last year so I was excited for this trip!
I went on my first camping trip with my friend Jessie and her family my sophomore year of high school and went once a year after that. It's such a great way to get away from everything and find God through His creation.
After a little detour, ahem maybe passing the exit and not realizing until 20 minutes later, we got there around 5:30 on Friday. After setting up and dinner, we had our first session, which John talked about if Jesus is interested in more than just "getting us saved." We broke out into small groups, which were so encouraging. Then there was campfire time and bed time.
Saturday, we went apple picking. I use to go every fall with my family and let me tell you, there's nothing like a hand-picked crisp apple. I discovered a new kind I like, jonagold-try it!! After we got back to the campsite, I set up my hammock with a couple friends and napped and just hung out. I was planning on sleeping in my hammock that night, but it started pouring raining and I was not about getting soaked in my sleep.
Other than the rain, the trip was wonderful. I had a great time worshiping with my friends and meeting new ones! Here are some pictures!

Comments