July

Things I'm Loving


1. The Enneagram

I first heard about the enneagram on several podcast that I listen to. It has given me such an understanding for myself and others. There are 9 enneagram types, however, you may "wing" towards another number. To find out your type, I've heard you're suppose to read each type and the one that makes you want to throw the book/computer across the room is your type because it describes you so perfectly. However, I took the free assessment on this site. I also have read two books that have helped me understand myself and how I can relate to others


2. GoodReads app

I just discovered this app and I love it. In January, I made a goal to read a certain amount of books this year. This app has allowed me to keep track of the books I've read, while also marking books that I would like to read. It's super easy to use and allows me to quickly put books on my wish list. 

3. Natural Laundry Detergent


Now listen. I am NOT someone who has ever really cared about *all natural* things. When I’m at the store, 95% of the time, I’ll buy the product that is the cheapest. However, recently, I’ve been reading, researching, and learning about different products. I have heard about natural laundry detergent, so I thought I’d give it a try! So far, I’m loving it and it smells SO good!! (Bonus: its actually cheaper to make, it just takes a little more work)

Here’s the recipe I used:

1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda
1 bar of Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Castile Soap

You will need to shred the bar of soap.
I just used a cheese grater and it worked perfectly!
I made 3 batches and it’s been great!
Use 2 tablespoons per load.

What I'm Reading

1. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

I’m actually re-reading this book. It’s an important conversation about race. Jodi is one of my favorite authors and I believe she tells this story so beautifully, while also exposing discrimination.

2. Bull’s Island by Dorothea Benton Frank
3. The Path Between Us-An Enneagram Journey To Healthy Relationships by Suzanne Stabile
(this is one of the books I talked about earlier!)
4. The Break Down by B.A. Paris

5. Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson

If you like thrillers, this is a book for you! I was intrigued with the story of Christine, a woman who lost her memory in an accident. She wakes up each morning, not remembering anything. With the help from a therapist, she begins to put together the pieces of her accident. I couldn’t stop reading this book!

Join me on the goodreads app to keep up with what I'm reading :)




Comments