April

Things I'm Loving

1. Bullet Journal
Confession: I still don't really know how to use it. But, I'm learning and the neat thing is that no two journals look the same. My favorite thing I use it for is tracking my fitness. It has truly helped me keep my 2018 goal of working out more often. I also use it to practice my handwriting. 



2. Tiny Homes
For our first anniversary, Thomas surprised me with a trip to Durham,NC. We stayed in the cutest tiny house-which was also a dream I had). We had the best time exploring Durham and seeing one of my best friends from high school. 5/5 recommend staying in a tiny house, but I'm really wondering how people live in tiny homes full time!
 


















3. My Kids
As April comes to a close, we have already started to count down the days until summer! I honestly can't believe my third year of teacher is almost over. My kids this year have been amazing. Something happens in second grade for a lot of kids where things just start to click for them. I am so thankful I'm there to see it happen. My job enables me to get to know and work with lots of kids (around 60), and it's such a joy seeing them grow throughout the year. The hardest thing about working in a primary school is that after second grade, they go to a new school. So tough, but I know they are ready.

What I'm Reading:

1. Sex, Jesus and the Conversations the Church Forgot by Mo Isom

Everyone needs to read this book. Teenagers, singles, engaged, married. Honest truth about sex and how deeply its roots grow. Mo writes honestly about her experiences and how the Lord uses sex as a tool to bring glory to him. Also, she was just on one of my favorite podcast. Listen here to her talk about the book.


2. The Boy Who Was Raised As A Dog by Bruce D. Perry and Maia Szalavitz

This book is FASCINATING! It's all about how trauma affects children's brains and their development. Of course, this may not interest everyone, but if you work with children, especially ones who have been in foster care or adopted-this is a great read.  


Comments