"I wish there was a way to know
 you're in the good old days 
before you've actually left them."

I was watching the final season of The Office this evening. And Andy Bernard says this quote. And it gets me, every single time I hear it. It gets me thinking that right now, today, I am in the good old days. These adventures and stories I am making, in college, are the ones that I will tell to my children. 
I will tell them of the time I woke up before the sun to see hot air balloons, only to find out it was the next morning. I will tell of the time our whole AC unit was a giant sheet of ice. I will tell them of the times I went sledding with my friends. I will tell them of the time I delivered Saltines to a table instead of crab crackers and how the staff gave him the hardest time for months after. I will tell them of the laughter and tears I shed over so many stupid things. 
So in case you were wondering, YOU ARE IN THE GOOD OL DAYS RIGHT NOW! 
How often I forget that. Carpe Diem people! Every day doesn't have to be the best day, but live it out. Live your life fully, because that's how the best stories come to be. Okay, maybe you spend all day in the library or at your job. But make the most of it. We are in our 20s. These are suppose to be some of the best years of our lives. It's our selfish years. Its the one time in our lives where its okay to make mistakes. We don't have to be perfect. We don't have to have it all together. But sometimes those are the best stories. 

Comments