Loved.

Most Sundays at church, there is a opportunity for someone to tell about what the Lord has been teaching them lately. Today, our pastor's wife spoke. She said that she has been learning that she is a daughter of the high King. She is not an orphan. She is loved

She is loved. 

That hit me hard. Just last night I was joking around with my friend and said, "I have to love myself because no one else loves me."

I was joking when I said that, but today, while sitting in church I really thought about that statement. I am loved. 

I am loved when I wake up in the morning.

I am loved when I fall asleep at night.

I am loved when I curse.

I am loved when my heart is full of bitterness.

I am loved when I am at my absolute worst.

And the best thing about this love is that it's not conditional. It's not based on anything I do or don't do. Jesus loves me just for who I am. There's is absolutely nothing I can do to make Him love me any more. And nothing I can do to make him love me any less. 

And all God's children said "AMEN!"

Comments