Wrecked Plans

For several years now, I have kept a journal. Sometimes I just journal about my day. Sometimes my journals are prayers. And sometimes[most times], my journals are rants about my current frustrations. I have found journaling one of the most therapeutic things for me to do.
Sometimes I have off days and just decide to write and it's not until I get to the end and reread what I wrote that I understand what my heart is feelings. Sometimes my heart just can't make sense of something that my hands can. 
Anyways, all that to say, is today I journal and I don't do this often, but I wanted to share it with you. 

"This afternoon I had a really good conversation with Stacy. I had been thinking about it a lot recently, but it's also so good to talk to someone about it. I am a planner. I like knowing what is going on and exactly what to expect. I don't like going into the week without some sort of plan. Before college, my whole life was planned. And I was excited for that plan.

But you know what-I am so thankful God wrecked those plans. While it sucked and hurt-I look at my life today and laugh. What I have now is so much better than anything I could have ever planned.

And that's not to say everything in my life is perfect-because that's far from the truth. I don't know what I'm going to be doing with the rest of my life-but God has given me peace through that. I don't know what tomorrow, next month or next year holds, but I do know God and that is enough.

God has had to pry a lot of stuff from my clenched hands. And let me tell you-it was no fun. But in doing so, He has taught me to trust Him.
HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING!
And it's not to harm me. It's for a good reason.

I am so thankful for every tough situation I have been thrown into--especially in college. Yes, it has sucked and I've cried, screamed, cursed and not understood what was happening-but now, looking back I am able to say that God really and truly does work ALL things together for the good of those who He loves. 
I am so thankful God wrecked my plans before they had a chance to wreck me."


Hope this encourages you this sunny Sunday!

-C

Comments