TWENTY FOURTEEN

Today is my homework day. I have stacks upon stacks of things piling up on my desk-lesson plans that need to be written, articles to be read, notes to be written, projects to be completed. So what do I decide to do? Blog, of course.
I'm saddened that my blog has taken a backseat in my life. It's now something I do in order to procrastinate. But I guess that's the way that life works. It gets busy and lesser things have to take a back burner.
How is 2014 going you ask? Seeing that my last post was way back in 2013, I guess I can take a few minutes to update you.

I rang in 2014 with knitting, Ryan Secrest and babysitting-and I really didn't mind, I guess that the introverted part of me. I traveled back to Anderson a couple days later for the SECOND semester of my JUNIOR year. I can hardly believe. I know I talk about it a lot, but I still remember junior prom like it was yesterday. How I'm a junior in college is beyond me!

Last semester I finished my last gen ed class, so I am totally immersed in education classes. It's fun, but it's a lot-just like any other major. In one of my classes we are tutoring 1st and 2nd grade students after school-my 2 students are precious. I'm going to have a lot of fun with them. I have another 40 hour placement this semester too. I still don't know where I'm going to be. I'm a little anxious about it, but I'm enjoying not being quite as busy. Life is going to really pick up when I start that.

I also started back working Wednesday nights at my church nursery. I am so thankful to be part of a church that loves the city of Anderson. It's awesome to serve and worship with so many different types of people. I love going to church, because unlike RUF, there are a variety of people of different ages. I get to love on and hang out with the smaller members of our congregation, but also get loved on by the moms and the dads of these kids. It is so wonderful.

We did get snow here and it was the best! This is the first time it's snowed while I've been in college. And I LOVE the snow! They were calling for it on a Tuesday afternoon, so AU cancelled afternoon classes. Right on schedule the snow started falling from the sky around 1:30. Seeing that it was 65 degrees the day before, we were all surprised (and thrilled) when it stuck. The snow fell steadily until about 8 that night. My roommates and I went across the street to the middle school where there are some killer hills. We were prepared for snow, so we didn't have sleds, but cookie sheets and trash can lids work wondered. We had so much fun. Classes were cancelled for Wednesday-which was wonderful to just have a free day of laziness.

I wish it would snow here more often, but today it is probably about 65 degrees and it feels simply wonderful. I'm currently sitting on my porch writing this post. I'm a firm believer that in Winter it should feel like Winter, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the sunshine and warmth today!

Sadly, I don't have any pictures to share. I've gotten in a bad habit of relying on others for pictures, but then being disappointed when they don't take any. Like Nicholas Sparks said--" You only regret the picture you don't take." Cheesy, I know, but true. I am thankful that I can hang out with my friends without taking pictures and uploading them every minute, but I do wish we'd take more for when we are elderly and don't remember our own names.

That's it for me here. I should probably start on my piles of homework. Go outside and enjoy this beautiful day, even if it is only to do homework!

Soli Deo Gloria,

C

Comments