Grace

Currently, I'm enrolled in an online class. It's not what you typically think of, just turn the work in with no class discussion. No, it's a class where we log in once a week and through headphones and microphones we have class. We listen to our professor as she teaches and goes through the power points. We can virtually raise our hands and speak to the class too. It's really neat to see how far technology has come.

Personally, it's not my favorite. Yes, it's cool that I can go to class in my room, but it's hard to remember to do stuff for that class. Case and point-a couple weeks ago, we had an assignment due that I completely overlooked. I saw that it was due, but didn't remember her saying anything about it, so I just assumed we didn't have to. Well, I was wrong. And when I checked my grades on Sunday, I was shocked that I had gotten a 0, dropping my class average to a 70.

I was upset because I knew that it was my fault and I knew there was no way that I could raise my grade without extra credit. Guys, I'm usually a really good student. I always turn in my work on time. I couldn't believe I had been so dumb!

So, I emailed my professor practically begging for extra credit so I didn't have to go through the rest of the semester having to make 100s to get an A.
She emailed me back saying, "Just turn it in now. No problem."
"NO PROBLEM!"

Guys, my heart jumped for joy. I had been given a second chance. I had been given more time when I didn't deserve it. I had been given grace.

Grace.

It's a word I've been thinking about recently.
Jesus shows me grace every single day. My cup is always overflowing with grace. Not getting something I deserve. I deserved a 0 on that assignment, but instead, I was given more time. I deserve death for my sins, but instead, Jesus gives me life.
How amazing is that?

James 4:6 says "But He gives a greater grace."

Romans 5: 20 says "But where sin increased, grace increased all the more."

I am so thankful for grace. Today and every day. We don't even have to ask Him for it. It gives it to us free of charge! What wonderful news!



I hope you are all enjoying this spring like day. Let's hope it's here to stay!

Solo Deo Gloria,
C

Comments