Poetry

The last few weeks, I have found that I have grown to love listening to people's poetry, especially people who participate in poetry slams. Their words say the exact thing I've been needing to put into words, or they just give me another perspective. People are just so talented! Here have been some of my favorites.

The Origin Story
"“But they could tell your how rare friendship always is. The chances are slim. The cards are always stacked against you, the odds are always low. But I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both. I want to share every single one of your sunshines and save some for later. I will tuck them into my pockets so I can give them back to you when the rains fall hard. Friend-I want to be the mirror that reminds you to love yourself. I want to be air in your lungs that reminds you to breathe easy. When the walls come down-when the thunder rumbles-when nobody else is home, hold my hand-and I promise-I won’t let go.” 

When Loves Arrives

"Do not forget this.Love is not who you were expecting.Love is not what you can predict. Maybe Love is in New York City already asleep. You are in California, Australia, wide awake.Maybe Love is always in the wrong time-zone.Maybe Love is not ready for you. Maybe you are not ready for Love. Maybe Love just isn’t the marrying type. Maybe the next time you see Love is 20 years after the divorce. Love looks older now but just as beautiful as you remember. Maybe Love is only there for a month. Maybe Love is there for every firework. Every birthday party. Every hospital visit. Maybe Love stays. Maybe Love can’t. Maybe Love shouldn’t. Love arrives exactly when Love is supposed to and Love leaves exactly when Love must. When Love arrives, say, “Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.” If Love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her. Turn off the music. Listen to the quiet. Whisper, “Thank you for stopping by.”"

What Teachers Make

OCD

Kevin Breel
Embracing your light, doesn’t mean ignoring your dark. We need to overcome adversities, not avoid them. the world I believe in is one where I can look someone in the eye and tell them I’m going through hell, and they can look back at me and say me too. and that’s okay. Because we are people and we struggle. and if you think that true strength means never showing any weakness, then I’m here to tell you that you’re wrong. The only way to beat a problem people face alone is standing strong together.



Eight. You wanna know how I got these scars? Well, I swallowed my pride and then it clawed it’s way out of my mouth and Nine, I realized that I was never really your boyfriend, I guess I was really just your height man.
Ten, I hope your next boyfriend gets small pox.Ten Yes I said small pox. Ten, I hate you. ten, I miss you. ten, but I still love you. ten, it’s hard for me to count when I get emotional.Ten I heard that over 90%, 90% of human interaction is not verbal..so..Ten, if I could, I would tie your arms to a day dream and then auction you off to my fondest memories. 




Do you have any favorite poems, if so what are they??

Comments