Purpose

"Life really is hard. No one can escape it. No one is unscathed by it. But we are not just flailing aimlessly in a universal black hole. There is purpose. There is order-because there is God." -Beth Moore

Life really is hard. Plans don't work out. You don't get the grades you need. Someone dies. Someone lies. Your heart breaks. Friends move. You don't get the job. You're lonely. No matter who you are, no matter where you live, no matter what...you deal with hardships.

And in the midst of those hardships, it's easy to lose hope. To believe there is no hope-no purpose, no reason to believe things will get better. Believe me, I know. To feel like you're in a dark hole so deep, there is no possibility for rescue. I've been there, but thanks be to Jesus Christ, that I have Jesus in my life. That when I thought there was no hope, Jesus was by my side. When I felt alone, Jesus was by my side. When I felt alone, Jesus was by my side. No matter what I have done or will do, Jesus will be by my side.

How amazing is that? As Christians, our lives have purpose. Even when it seems bleak and as dark as can be, God has a plan. God uses each and every situation, especially the hard things, to further His kingdom. Yes, I have suffered, and as much as I hate the hurt it brings, I am thankful for the hardship. I am thankful for what they have taught me. I am thankful that God chose me to to further His kingdom, for His glory.

"Before I shaped  you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you." -Jeremiah 1:5a

Comments