Change

I'm laying(or is it lying..I can never remember) in bed right now trying to get some sleep but obviously failing. Probably need to stop taking so many naps. Anyways, just wanted to share what's been on my heart and mind recently.

Things change. We think we are going to be the same people forever and I guess in some ways we are. This change usually isn't monumental like waking up one day and deciding to completely change everything, it's slow. And overtime you can look back and see how different you use to be. Change can be good. Change can be bad. And I think college is a time where you change the most. Suddenly you have all this freedom. You plan your class schedule, weekend plans, spring break without needed parents permission. I could get in the car and drive to florida if a wanted to. No one is checking that I'm going to classes. I'm becoming educated on what I want to do with the rest of my life. My future hangs in the balance of these four years. Im responsible for my own life and that is scary to think about.

I remember when I was in high school, dreaming about how wonderful college would be and how life after college would be even greater. I thought my high school friends would be my best friends forever. My friends dating each other would get married and we'd all have kids at the same time. It was going to be wonderful. Sadly, none of those relationships have stayed together. For one reason or another, people change, grow and we learn that high school isn't the real world.

Learning this is sometimes discouraging to me. Why should I even plan for my future? Why make friends-we're just going to lose contact after graduation? Why study to be a teacher when all I want to do is be a housewife? These questions overwhelm me at times, but then I remember

"Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever."-Hebrews 13:8

Yes, our circumstances change everyday. Our plans don't always turn out the way we plan. We as human beings change our minds every second it seems. But we are loved by a Father who never changes. He doesn't change when our seasons change. He doesn't change when our moods change. He doesn't change when our plans change. He is the author and perfecter of our lives and he wants us to come to Him and rest.

"Come to me all those who are weary and I will give you rest"- Matthew 11:28

During the storms and changes of life we have two choices. Either we try to carry the burden by ourselves, or we can give it up to Jesus, who gladly takes our burdens away from us. He is strong in our weakness!

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."- 1 Corinthians 1:25

I hope this makes sense my friends. It's almost 1 am and I'm just writing this from my heart. Have a wonderful last week of February!!

Comments