Thankful

God knew exactly what He was doing in planning my sophomore year. Last  year, I had a room to myself. I liked it, but it got lonely and I wanted a roommate for my next years of college. I was going to room with one of my really good friends, Joy, because her roommate was going to study abroad in Australia. We had it all planned out, but Kelsey ended up not going to Australia, so I had to find someone else. So then I was going to room with my other good friend, Bekah and suite with Joy and Kelsey. Everyone was worked out and I was excited. But one night, a girl,Alyssa, from RUF texted me saying she needed a roommate. I really liked her, but I had already committed to my other friends, so I had to turn her down. BUT, I woke up the very next morning with a text from Bekah saying that she felt as though the Lord was calling her to room with someone different. Of course, I was confused and frustrated. All I wanted was a roommate and it seemed like nothing was working out. Then I remembered Alyssa. I hoped and praying she hadn't found anyone to room within the last 12 hours and she hadn't. We met for lunch that day and learned more about each other. One thing we found out was that both our boyfriends lived in the same city! I was excited for that because I thought we could take trips up there together and such. So after a couple days I called her and decided to try this whole roommate thing out.

It's been several months since all that has happened, but I am so blessed God put Alyssa in my life. I decided to live on a hall with her and her friends rather than her live on a hall with me and my friends. I was nervous at first because I didn't know how I would fit into her group and also I had recently broken up with Bryce. Alyssa and two of her best friends all had boyfriends and I thought I would be left out of the loop. But a couple days before she moved in, Alyssa told me that her and her boyfriend had broken up. I don't want it to seem that I'm happy for them breaking up, but it was such a blessing in disguise. Our relationships were somewhat similar and it was so relieving and amazing having someone who actually understood. One night last week we stayed for until 1:30 venting and talking through our relationships and just boys.

I tell you this because God works in mysterious ways. He doesn't always give you what you want (me rooming with Joy or Bekah), but He ALWAYS gives you what you need. That is so comforting and reassuring. Even thought we think we know what were doing, we have no idea. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful daddy who cares for us so greatly and wants to shower His love on us. Even as I'm writing this now, I'm reminding myself of this truth. Often times, in the midst of times of worry and distress, we forget how might and powerful our God is. But looking back, we can see that He IS faithful...ALWAYS.

I'm so excited to see what He has planned for me throughout the rest of this school year.

Comments