Happy April!

I know it's been forever since I've blogged. I have been so bogged down with school work and such. I feel like I'm constantly going and going. School is just school. I'm trying to write the last couple papers and study for two tests I have before going to the beach for Easter.

Although the weeks have been normal, the past couple weekends have been a blast! Last weekend, RUF had a game night and afterwards a group of about 20 or so decided to play Capture the Flag on the front lawn. For those of you who have never been to Anderson, the front lawn is huge and is split in the middle with a sidewalk, which was no man's land. I had forgotten how much running was involved and how out of shape I was. But it was so much fun! I think we played for about 2 and 1/2 hours. By midnight we were soaking with sweat and rain and so sore. I struggled to walk for a couple days afterwards.

This weekend was even better. Friday night the RUF leadership and CORE team got together at John's house (our leader) to play games and just bond. First we played signs, which I am no good at. But then we played 4 men on a couch. For those of you who have no idea what it is, you start out with 2 boys and 2 girls on the couch and want to end up with 4 of your gender in order to win. But everyone puts their name in a cup and so you don't know who is who, and just when you think you have it figured out, the names get switched around. It's a really good game for a group of people! Then we just came back to school and hung out in dorm rooms.

Saturday, my friend, Kelsey, was in her Easter play. Joy and I drove up to Greenville to see that. It was really good, and such a good reminder of what Jesus did for me. He could have saved himself, but instead he was crucified for my sake. So, so humbling. Then some friends were going contra-dancing, and guess where? Pumpkintown, South Carolina. It is actually a place. Since Pumpkintown is right outside of Greenville, Joy and I stayed there instead of coming back to AU just to turn around and go to Pumpkintown. We ended up getting there a good hour before our friends, but it was all good! I had never been contra-dancing and was nervous that I would have to dance with strange men. Well, it turns out that I did. But it ended up being so so so much fun! I forgot how much I love to dance! You have a partner, but you switch throughout the whole dance and dance with everyone else. All my friends and I were beginners, but as the night progressed we got better and better. The people there were really sweet and so helpful to us! Our guy friends who came said they weren't excited at first, but they were the ones who couldn't shut up about how much fun they had.That makes my heart happy! I'm hoping we can do it again soon! I'm going to see if there is somewhere in Charlotte that has it so I can take Bryce this summer!

Of course we had to do a silly one!
group at the end of the night!
Joy and I looking rough :)



one of my dance partners!


Today is just a regular Sunday. I went to church and lunch with Joy, Jeremy and Dalton. And now I'm just working on homework. I have to work church nursery tonight which is always really exciting!

I hope you all are doing well and that you are reminded throughout this week of Christ love for us :)

Comments