RUF Retreat

This weekend was the annual winter RUF retreat. We drove up to Greenville around 3 o'clock on Wednesday. We unpacked and got settled, then I helped with dinner.

After dinner, we had our first session. We had a speaker cone and his wife was a small group leader at my youth group-it's such a small world! We talked about the two different kingdoms-ours and God's. Often times we try to mold God into our kingdom and fit him into our plans, but that's not how God works. We have to give up everything and rearrange every aspect of our lives for God's kingdom. We have to give up everything we think we want, but God is going to give us so much kore than we could ever imagine.

That night we played several rounds of Underground Church, it wasn't as fun as it was in Charlotte, but I still had a blast.
We fell asleep around 2 and got up for pancakes around 8:30. I don't know what it is, but John makes the best pancakes ever. I could eat them forever (by the way, today is free pancake day at IHOP if you're interested!)

We had our morning sessions and then went downtown to the park. It was such a cool little park, but there were so many kids there. Some of my friends and I set up our hammocks, but it was so windy so we didn't stay as long as I wish we could have. That afternoon, I had a really good quiet time. God is teaching me a lot and I just needed to be by myself and journal all my thoughts out.

Saturday night was really chill. We had dinner and a little session then while we waited for dessert, we had a dance party. I love line dances so much. I joke up how the Cupid shuffle is going to be the song my husband and I will dance to at our wedding. Then I just sat around with some girls and talked. We actually went to bed somewhat early since we were having to get up early the next morning.

Sunday, we had to get up early and clean and pack all our stuff away before church. For breakfast we had Krispy Kreme doughnuts- I had forgotten how much I loved it (I had 3 doughnuts...shh). Then we had our last session and went to church. We got out early enough and since Greenville is so close, we got to drive back for lunch in the caf(since it's free.)

There is a church that us being started by a friend of our RUF leader and they needed people to do the nursery Sunday nights. So Sunday night I went and did that for two hours and then went and had Mexican with some friends.

Later that night, I was talking to Bryce, but I kept drifting back to sleep. We hung up and I finally got situated and was about to drift into a deep sleep, and guess what happened? That's right, the fire alarm went off. And it wasn't just a drill. We had to wait for the firetrucks to come and watched them run in with all their gear and axes,only to find there was someone cooking chicken in a toaster oven-at 12:30 at night.

Oh what an exciting weekend. I'm just trying to get through these next two weeks and make it to Spring Break. It's so close, yet seems so far away!

Comments