Room 214

It seems that all I talk about is the weekend. I guess it's because it's the only thing that is half way interesting here.

Friday, after I got out of class, Joy and I went to the park near school and set up our hammocks. It was such a pretty day and we laid there for about 2 hours reading (I am in the middle of reading Kisses From Katie, and it's very good-I highly recommend it!). Then we made a quick run to the grocery store to get cookie and puppy chow stuff. After dinner, we made our way to Boulevard (the only dorms that have kitchens) to make our treats for that night. After making our chocolate chip cookies and puppy chow we went back to our dorm to have movie night! About 10 girls came to watch Courageous. I was the only one in the crowd who had seen it, but I was excited to watch it again. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it! I am making my future husband watch it because we get married because I want a husband like those guys (or most of them). I ended up sleeping in Joy's room that night and we didn't go to bed around 3, I think.

excited for puppy chow!


Saturday morning, we got up around 11:45. Don't judge us, it's the only day we get to sleep in and we had a late night! We showered and met Bekah (a new friend) for lunch at Zaxby's. I have only been to Zaxby's once, and I have no idea why. It was so delicious! But each meal comes with bread, like a piece of toast, and I didn't understand why, so I asked. They gave me so much ridicule for it. After lunch, we came back to the dorms and did homework (or at least attempted it), but after a couple hours of that, we decided to make a run to Walmart. We wandered the aisle and looked at all the weird books and movie that are out now and read all the cheesy Valentine's cards. While we were at Walmart, one of our friends called us and invited us over to dinner at Boulevard. She had just made pasta and bread, but it was so delicious. I had a good time hanging with this group of girls. After dinner, Joy and I decided to make crafts. We invited our hall-mate,Katie, (who is  my next door neighbor) and Bekah came too. We made the hearts from crayons and wax paper (we did the same thing but with leaves in the fall). And then Katie and I modge-podged. Have I ever told you how much I love to modge-podge? Because it's one of my favorite things to do! Anyways, we got to talking and I said something about how I love hearing people's testimonies. I love hearing about people's lives, where they have come from and how God is working in their lives now. And so we ended up sharing our testimonies. It was so great. Each of these girls each have a very different testimony, but it is so evident how God has worked in shaping their lives. I am so blessed that He has put them in my life. After that Jesus meeting, we decided we wanted Cook-Out (did I mention it was 1 am?) So we made a Cook-Out run and talk some more about our lives. Something powerful had happened that night in Joy's dorm, room 214. We wanted to see if any verses would have something to describe our night, so we looked through every book at chapter 2, verse 14 and this is what we found.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere." -2 Cor. 2:14

Seriously, how perfect is that?! We are "prisoners" of Christ and he leads us to places where we can tell our stories. He leads us to where we can share the knowledge of God and share how He is working in our lives. He uses our trials and sufferings so that we can share them with others and point others to Him. It is simply amazing how Christ works.

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post about my loneliness and not feeling right here at AU. But this weekend, and even this past week, God has proven His faithfulness. He has placed people into my life to help me grow and to even challenge my thinking of things. This weekend made me realize that people want to share about their lives, and all I have to do is simply ask them. I am entering this week encouraged by my friends, grateful for my story, thankful that Christ doesn't leave us where He found us, and so amazed at all He has accomplished in my friends' lives as well as my own.

Comments