Early Morning

I crawled into bed last night after a long day of projects, cleaning and homework. I fell asleep quickly and was in the best sleep when I heard a noise. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't think of what it was. Suddenly, it clicked. It was the fire alarm. It took a few seconds to register that I had to get out of the building. I jumped out of bed threw on a sweatshirt and flip flops and glanced at the clock. 3:36. 3:36 in the morning. I opened my door and there was no one, "maybe it's a dream" i thought. But then doors started opening as bleary-eyed girls made their way outside. We stood outside for a good 15 minutes before being allowed back inside. We think that our radiators kicked in since it hit 40 degrees last night and when they first turn on the smell sets off the alarms. Tomorrow our power is being turned off all day for the construction of the new nurse building next to mine. So many things have happened in  my dorm. At first it was frustrating, but now I laugh saying, "Of course, it would happen to Pratt. What else can really go wrong?"

Comments

  1. earthquake, fire, any bets on what the next disaster will be?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment